Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden's new Time Traveler combos...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AMJBASS, Mar 28, 2002.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have been playing around with the Ashdown C110-300 for the past week, and I have found that it lacks in both the low and the high register.

I know that owners of my local music store well, and they agreed to take the Ashdown back if I wasn't fully satisfied. The Asdown can't reproduce a low B very well, and it lacks a tweeter. It does have a very nice "vintage tone" however, but I am looking for more of a hi-fi sound.

Have any of you tried out Eden's new Time Traveler 10 combo?
    [​IMG]

I would be interested in how it sounds(I am playing Jazz, Fusion, and Funk with a 6 string).

Have any of you tried out the Time Traveler head? Thanks a lot!:D

2. I played a bunch of the little Edens today. The Time Traveller 10 combo sounded nice but the single 10 was a bit weak. I found that even at moderate levels the speaker farted and basically reached its excursion limits. I'm talking severely horrible sounds. That was just from the E string of a Jazz bass with little to no bass boost. I found a Metro I played a while back the same. Then I plugged a CXM 12 into it. With both speakers it sounded a lot fuller. The 12 has an amazing amount of low end. I tried a TT head into 2 single ten boxes, that sounded great, not quite as much low end as the 12. Then I tried the head into the 12 alone. That sounded very nice, balanced, really meaty lows, clear mids, lots of snap. Loud enough for many applications. That config. probably wouldn't do for a full on rock band, but that's about all it won't do. The TT10 combo wouldn't handle a B at any kind of SPL by itself judging from what I saw today. Very nice sounding stuff all the same:D

3. Adrian, buy an EA cxl112 ya freak !! ;)

4. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I've got the Aguilar GS210...I don't think I will need the CXL112. I like the sound I get out of the rig. I want a small portable combo with a hi fidelity sound.
    I like the EA cabs though!:)

5. alaskabass

alaskabass

Dec 31, 2001
    I played them both and went home with the TT12.
    This combo sounds to me like what you are looking for. Much better than the ashdown combo IMO. Not as sterile as other choices.

Subjective sound description here: Nice clean, warm sound that I'm very happy with. Could be called big, fat, smooth bottom. Good mids too. Works well with all my basses especially the P/J fretless configuration.

The cxm 12 cab really will really open it up and produce all the volume I need. It's what this head is designed for.

As far as weight goes, the specs state 47lbs, but mine weighs 64lbs. No big deal for me but worth(?) mentioning.

Very satisfied, all things considered, YMMV,
    Don

Hope this helps.:)

6. LizzardTom

LizzardTom

Mar 16, 2002
    I just bought the Eden Time Traveler 1-10. It's a very HI-FI sounding little amp. By itself it's not very loud, but I added the CXM112 Cab to it and it kicks ass. 330 watts at 4 ohms. I love it. Sounds great with my Azola Bug bass. I'm using it for the first time tonight at a gig. Report later.:)

7. I tried the Time Traveler 10 combo a couple of weeks ago and I agree, it's really lacking cojones. It just doesn't put out a big enough sound. The 12 combo sounded significantly bigger and fuller.

I was disappointed because I've been looking for a combo that's lighter than my Ampeg B-50r but puts out similar volume. Alas the Eden 10 didn't make the cut, and the 12 was no savings in weight.

The Ashdown Electric Blue 130-12 was a good candidate but I was NOT impressed with the build quality at all.

I bet the EBS Drome 12" would do the job nicely. Too bad it's at least $900 most places! Anyone seen one used for cheap?

8. eduardo

eduardo

Mar 25, 2001
    BRAZIL
    About Eden's TT tone. Wich EQ settings do you use?