Edgar Meyer Cadenza, Bottesini concerto - Cadenza of the GODS!

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by conor_maccarthy, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Was anyone else as blown away as me (which was alot) the first time you heard edgar meyer's cadenza on his new recording of the bottesini concerto? wow. I heard rumours that ed's gonna be publishing some of his work. Is there any truth to this?
  2. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    If he ever does publish it. I would definately spend a large portion of my time learning how to play it....that cadenza is quite awesome, and I LOVE to play the bottesini concerto.
  3. kontri

kontri Guest

Oct 5, 2002
    Vaaaaaaa! I loved every second of it, I almost ejaculated...he's my new god of bass. And what a perfect intonation and security. His tempo and everything...I'm wordless...and will be for a very long time
  4. Proud to have been a fan since about '87. (Unfolding, and duets with Fleck)
    My top three (not in order) are Mingus, Pastorius and Meyer.
    They all share a fantastic talent for musical ideas. Not just interpretation, but composition and arrangement as well.

5. A little to far??? ;)
  6. Funny that you pulled this five year-old thread back into circulation. I'll take this chance to say that I still find his cadenza to be amazing. Not to mention the fact that every time I listen to the Gran Duo, I find yet another example of brilliance to obsess over. And I think we are all still waiting for him to publish his work.
  7. Yea, I was bored at school so I searched alot of threads.
  8. atrombs

atrombs Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    New York, NY
    why don't you guys just sit down and figure it out your self instead of waiting for his cadenza to be published? you'll probably get the thing much faster if you did that.
  9. I was actually referring to how much I wish all of his music would be published. Of course, learning by ear is the most beneficial way. While I expect that most of his music will eventually be published (though it may take a long time), I doubt that his Bottesini cadenzi will ever be.