edgar meyer concert-ticket 50% discount

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bassist14, Mar 14, 2006.

1. bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    today i got a email-newsletter from sony. it offers 50% discount for edgar meyer concert-tickets in NY. i live in germany, so it will not be a real bargain for me. but maybe someone here could be interested.
    here is the mail-text:

Quench your thirst for culture at a concert sure to get your Irish up! The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center is pleased to present double threat Edgar Meyer, joined by a pair of his CMS colleagues for a singular concert of music for duos and trios. Meyer's prodigious skills as a double bassist are matched by his talent as a composer. Two of his own works are on the concert, as are curiosities by Rossini, Bach, and Kodály.

Friday, March 17 at 8 PM and Sunday, March 19 at 5 PM, Alice Tully Hall

Check out Duos and Trios with Meyer, Kavafian, and Hoffman, only at The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center. MENTION THIS EMAIL AND SAVE 50% ON CONCERT TICKETS! Tickets regularly $49, 39.50, 28, with this offer, save 50% on each ticket! Use code SONY317 when ordering online.

To order discounted tickets, go online to www.ChamberMusicSociety.org , call the CMS ticketing office at 212-875-5788 (Sunday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM), or go directly to the Alice Tully Hall box office at the corner of 65th and Broadway.

For more information about the performances, including complete program and artist information, please visit: http://www.chambermusicsociety.org/events/performance_detail.php?id=365

For more information about the Chamber Music Society, visit www.ChamberMusicSociety.org
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Very cool! I'm going to that concert and have forwarded it to a couple of friends that are considering going.
  3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    I saw him in Fort Worth several years ago. It was quite an accident, my spouse noticing the gig in the paper and surprising me with tickets without even knowing anything about Edgar Meyer.

Reminds me of another story from longer ago, in high school. I had a friend who was a fellow math geek. One day out of the blue, he asks me if I want to see Jaco Pastorius play. I did not even know that my friend played bass. It was in 1981 or 1982, and the concert was stunning.
  4. jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Just got my tickets! See you there Ray, and fellow New York bassists!

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Cool beans:)

Then we'll meet under the Brooklyn Bridge with our basses for the big weenie roast... I'll bring the lighter fluid.
  6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Oh -- you're going to the Sunday, 5:00p, Marrrrrco?
  7. jazzbass72

Jun 26, 2003
    New York, NY
    Nah, going this Friday. I will be playing at the Bimhuis in Amsterdam on Sunday :)