1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Edgar Meyer Disc '06

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by MixBass, May 3, 2006.

1. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Just listening to the disc titled Edgar Meyer that came out in 06.
    I didn't know what to expect, wow!
    Modern, pensive, bluesy, funky, folky, very cool!

2. Thats going to be interesting. He play's like 10 interments in that CD

3. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    My second listen was last night, after recording most of the day and then an evening gig. A challenging slot for any cd! This is an amazing piece of music. Unorthodox to be sure, awesome !

4. gotta love those interments!

5. Yeah, it's definitely an incredible CD. I think it may turn off a few bassists initially because it never really highlights his bass playing (except during "Please Don't Feed the Bears"). But I think that once people really listen to it, they will understand that the main focus of the CD isn't the bass, or any of the other instruments for that matter, but rather his composing. And rest assured, the music itself is some of his best. Go out and buy it if you haven't already.

Oh yeah, my favorite piece in the album is the 3rd track, "Interlude 1"....too bad it's only 50 (or so) seconds long.

6. Yeah, I'm not really sure genre to put the CD under on iTunes. It's got so much to it.

I guess this is what you get when you give a guy a McArthur Grant.