Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Edinburgh Festival...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unharmed, Aug 3, 2004.

1. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Any TB'ers up here?

I arrived yesterday just until Friday as my new job got postponed for a week.

Anyone got any suggestions for good bands/shows (or anything) to check out whilst I'm here?

2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    I guess not then, eh?

3. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    i played there a couple of years back, one of the best things ive ever done, i dont know whats going on this year, but if you can the ediniburgh tattoo is great fun.

4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Yeah, I'm going to try and score a ticket for tonight. If I can't get one then I'll try when I'm back up here at the end of August.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    HEY, I'm IN Edinboro... *checks spelling*

... hmmm wrong place.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    So you made the big move huh? Fill me in, how does Scotland compare to "sunny" Melbourne?

7. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    It compares very nicely at the moment :D

It was comfortably warm all week. Nice mild nights as well. Unfortunately I'm back in London now where it's unpleasantly humid :(

I really liked Edinburgh although it was crazy busy with the festival on. I did a day trip out to St Andrews which was very nice.

I felt very at home in Scotland. Much more than in London. I can't wait to get back up there actually. I didn't see anywhere near as many festival shows as I intended but will try and remedy that when I go back at the end of the month.

I know Melbourne has been very cold recently. What's Syd-oo-knee been like?

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It's wierd. Also cold, but I just had breakfast outside and it's quite nice in the sun. I gather it wouldn't even be cold at all away from the ocean.........

Good to hear you're enjoying the move :)

9. s'ok - thunder and lightening at 8 am... you're not missing anything. ;)

and i thought the festival started on the 18th???