1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Edirol R-09HR Wav & MP3 Recorder... any good?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Relic, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I've been looking for something inexpensive, compact, easy to use and with a high quality sound to record my bands' practices and shows with. I'm thinking that this looks like just what I need. Do any of you have these and if so, what do you think of them?

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I have one and feel it is fantastic. The internal mic's are quite good, it's very easy to use, and the case with mini tripod are very cool for placing it on stage or in front of an amp.

There are a lot of different units that have been released recently, so I can't tell you how this stacks up to the competition, but it's great. I can't remember how much memory I have in it, but it's almost an infinite amount of recording time.

Very easy to use, very high quality, very small, and easy to use features.

3. BP Mag did a review of about 10 of these handhelds a while back. The Edirol was rated in the top three. I purchased one and think it is great. Easy to use. I purchased a larger memory card and now can easily record a four hour gig with room to spare. The tripod/case was a freebee at the time and a very worthwhile option... The included software program works quite well and you can email songs from practice to bandmates...

4. ZoneofInhibitio

ZoneofInhibitio

Jan 20, 2009
    yea i bought one for live recordings and interviews. That thing is a beast i love it!!!

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    thanks for the advise guys! I just ordered one, we'll see how it goes.