SOLD EDIT: Fender Precision 1974 USA, (previously thought it was a 1973) w/OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tflk, Mar 28, 2018.

1. tflk

tflk Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seattle
    Price:
    Strings:
    1974 Fender Precision Bass in it's original sunburst finish over an alder body. When I posted this a few weeks ago, I thought it was a 1973 - The shop that sold it to me told me it was. After removing the neck and pickups, I discovered it was a 1974 -- Still a sweet sounding bass.

Features a maple neck and comes in at only 8 pounds 3 ounces. Overall in excellent condition less some spots of finish wear and dings. Pots and strap buttons replaced, otherwise all original. Both pickup and bridge covers are included as well as the original hardshell case.

Shipping is FREE

NOTE: PLEASE IGNORE THE LAST PICTURE ON THIS POST (WICKER CHAIR IN BACKGROUND) ... LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER FENDER P MADE IT ON MY POST, AND I CAN'T DELETE THE THING. THANK YOU.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Fred312b, Kip Page, jsr914 and 9 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    drool

3. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    sweet

4. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    Nut width?

Maxcat17 likes this.
  5. tflk

tflk Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seattle
    1 5/8 nut width

6. sok monkee

sok monkee Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Burlington N.C.
    Nice!

7. DD Gunz

DD Gunz

Jun 18, 2015
    California
    Looking for this same bass in Ash. So close. I love 70s Fenders and this is a fine example at a good price!

8. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    Very nice, the last 73 P-bass I owned had a 5079xx serial but, had the thumb rest below the strings. I've also put 1974 as the Fender moved them to above the strings. Learn something new everyday. ...

Attached Files:

tflk likes this.
  9. tflk

tflk Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seattle
    I just found out this is a 1974 - see the pics of the pickups and the neck stamp.

Acoop likes this.
  10. adam on bass

adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: GK, EMG and D'Addario
    How’s the neck? The action looks crazy high to me. Last vintage I bought the neck was garbage. Thanks.

11. tflk

tflk Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Seattle
    Seems fine to me .... I wouldn't call it crazy high. Let me know if I can take some pictures to show it better.

12. king_biscuit

king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US

The action looks perfectly normal to me. Adam must be used to action setup for a young child. :)

tflk likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021