Edited song from my bands dvd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Ok, my band has recorded a concert, and we are planning to make a dvd from it. I have now synced most of the cams(although not all so good) and edited a couple of songs.
    I would be thankful if you took the time to download one song, and give me your opinions about it. I'm spending so much time working on it on my own, so I'm grateful for all feedback I can get, specially because I'm very new to video editing. This is the link:

What do you think about the editing/cut? I only have 8 cams, and theres alot of awful filming there. So I have to cheat a little som times.

And what do you think about the soundmix?
    I, myself, thinks there's a little too much reverb, but the sound engineers says the need it to get the "live vibe."
    I also (off course) thinks there's a little to little bass, but it doesn't matter that much, because I used my old bass then and it sounded awful. :)
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I think the vid looks and sounds great. He could have rolled off some (or all) of the reverb. 'The live feel'? Nah, not needed. As far as the bass mix, it's right up there in the mix. I think it sounded pretty good. Nice feel and right in the pocket! Thumbs down on the reverb. Thumbs up on the bass playing! :bassist:
  3. Thanks! I'm very happy to get my reverb-suspicion confirmed!LoL :) :hyper:
    Happy to hear that you liked the sound of my old cort too, I'll go tell him :cool: