Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Edn 210XLT v/s Nemesis 210P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whatsinaname, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Help! I'm trying to decide between 2 cabinets.
    Has anyone compared the 210XLT to the Nemesis 210? I'm looking for overall sound/tone and durability comparisons. I play fingerstyle rock and blues, some pop and slap when the tune calls for it.
    I will use a 15" extension when I need to beat the crap out of the guitar player.
    Any input is appreciated

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I haven't played any of those cabs, but I've heard they're both great in their respective price range. If you have the money, I'd say the Eden would be better. But the Nemesis is one of the "most bang- for your-buck" cabs around (vey cheap and lightweight).

You have to play each one for yourself to decide. Your ears will dictate what kind of sound you prefer. If it helps, go to www.bgra.com, it's a site complete with reviews for bass gear (including the eden and nemesis cabs).

Hope this helped a little...

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I have the Nemesis 2x10, and I love it. Extremely bright, responsive, and punchy. Plenty of lows for a 4, might need another cab for a 5. An excellent add on for a 15 or 18. I use mine with a 2x12.

EDIT: Did I mention light? You can lift it with one arm, and its no problem to transport.

4. Thanks guys.
    My local music store (NOT a chain) let me take both cabinets home and use in practice. After a "real" audition, I decided on the Nemesis.
    Both cabs sounded GREAT, but lower weight and $200.00 cheaper won out.
    (Nemesis is ~ 30lbs lighter)