Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

edorsement deals

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jaybo, Jun 8, 2002.

1. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    If you have one, how'd you get it? Was it more of an active approach of saying 'hey look at me, I deserve a deal' or was it more of you just doing your thing and someone from the company happened to notice?

2. Get a good quality recording, make some nice photo's ( but no cheesy ones ), write a small autobiography, and send it to the company you'd love to have an endorsement deal with.

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    That dosen't always get it,but it is a start.

4. yeah.. being a little famous also helps :D

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    There are a few ways that an endorsement can come about.one being if you have a freind that to you makes a bass that is just as good as the more established names and you sincerly like what your freind has made Im sure your freind would not have a problem working something out with you

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    A bassist I met who played upright primarily, performed at some jazz fest, and shortly after he was contacted by some string manufacturers, and they gave him free strings to try....if he had wanted to he could have set up an endoresment, but he didn't like the strings very much(I forget what brand they were) so he accepted the gift and said no thank you.

7. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    Wow wrong robot you're from Ojai. I'm right next door in Ventura.

8. Trist6075

Trist6075 Guest

Mar 6, 2001
    Dang and you have a Del quote!

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey thats cool.
    yea, del is my favorite rapper....though I am partial to gangstarr(guru) and dilated peoples
    I actually live in Westlake, but I goto [boarding] school in Ojai. I just got out for summer break.