1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Edwards PBass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mellow yellow, Oct 5, 2013.

1. A week ago, I've checked in a shop in Milano (Italy) a very good bass, an Edwards model P (I think is an ESP brand).
    A good neck, with a large (PBass) maple fingerboard, an ash body (I think ash due to the mid/heavy weight of the bass), a Duncan Bassline pickup. This bass was very good to my hands and to my ears, and with tone full closed it was keeping a very good thump sound, not boomy or muddy. A real surprise to me, I haven't played any ESP instruments before, so I think to buy it, at 850 euro also the price is unbeatable. This bass is new, so it could only improve with the time. I'm a jazz bass fan (I've just bought a stunning fender 1961 custom shop jazz bass) but a very good Precision, at that price, is something that one could buy with no regrets.

Ciao.
    Roberto

2. kenjikun

kenjikun

Apr 27, 2008
    Japan
    That is a very good bass. The Edwards brand is made by ESP here in Japan and sold only in the domestic market ( although it found its way in Italy :p). That bass is finished in lacquer and comes with Seymour Duncan pickup. The tone pot also acts a series/parallel switch. You wont regret buying it.