Ee-Gads! GAS again. 410 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Howdy guys.

I was at a club yesterday and got to check out a cool band playing a lot of classic rock. It was fun, of course I was watching the bass player.

He was playing a nice looking quilted 5 string bass through an Eden 410. I couldn't tell which bass for sure, though it looked very nice (It was no cheapy!) I also couldn't see which model 410 he was on. He had a weird amp on top that looked like it came from battlestar galactica with it's red eye zipping back and forth across the face of it. Is that an Eden amp?

Anyways, I really liked the sound, and "feel" of this guy and it got me to thinking about my stuff. I play through a 210 and a 118. The 118 on Carvin's website is a bit more expensive than Carvin's 210... I was thinking about placing an ad in the recycler offering to do a straight swap, the 118 for the 210. Then I could play my 210s on top of each other simulating a 410, and still have just the 210 when smaller is better.

I can go to Carvin (living in socal) and give it a listen also, but I am wondering what you guys generally think. Is there some qualities of the 410 that I can expect to reasonably capture with the 2 210s? I am sure that some of you use 2 Carvin 210 cabs. Or is this Eden experience I have had not generally attainable with Carvin gear at all?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Sounds like a Korg rack tuner to me.