Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EEEEK!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lesfleanut, Nov 27, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I totally fried my carvin 1000 watt head.

I actually have no clue how it made it as long as it did. The head has a switch in the back for bridging mode.

I was running it bi-amped with the bridge swith on (I know, dumb mistake. but it came from the factory on).

One day it just blew. It blew the circuit breaker and my whole room stinked like a blown head. I smelled the back of the head and damn near puked from the pungent aroma of skankyness.

But the folks at carvin were real cool and are fixing it for me. So the story ends on a good note.:)

2. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    ps: I'll post my thoughts on carvins customer service when this whole ordeal is over.:)

3. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    jesus...hope you get it back ok.

is $1099 a good deal for that head and a 8/10?

sorry for the highjack. ;)

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    thats just crazy..

My only complaint about My DCM1500 is that I can't tell just by looking at the back if it is in bridged mode or not.. I Have to take a screwdriver and poke the button and feel it move out or not.. but I always leave it in bridged mode now. When I first got it though, I was scared of blowing the thing up.. It is a recessed button so I don't have to worry about it getting pushed again though.

PunkFunkFreak IMO the heads are really great solid heads, I use a carvin Power amp and it works great for power. The cabs get very mixed reviews, Most will say that they aren't tone monsters. but if you just want some cabs to get the job done... it might work for you

5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    carvin cabs have zero low end...

6. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    The QSC amps with the configuration DIP switches in the back aren't much better. Being a middle-aged cuss with failing vision, I need a magnifying glass and strong light to see where it's set.

7. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    I wouldnt say that. I agree that the speakers arent the best, but they do have a little kick to them. Im planning on switching them out for kappa's though...:)