Eek Gad! (Sorry guys!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PollyBass, Mar 15, 2004.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

Hey guys, as you might have known, I have not been on in a while, and here goes the excuse lines (All true).

I'm getting married next weekend, I got sick, was out for a week and a half, and have been trying to get my phoneline hooked up for, a week? 2 weeks? A MONTH. I have no idea what the heck is going on, of course, when it comes to phoneline hook up, i'm not to savy. But I didn't think it was harder then calling, asking, paying. boom, phoneline. Evidently not.

Oh well, I'll be stopping by my friends house on a daily basis (or be trying to) now that I'm at 100% again.

This whole "living on your own in a new town with a full time job and getting married" thing takes some getting used to. Everythings been a little nutty over here, but things have settled down.

Hey WR: My future wife got me tactics for the PS1... why is it so dang HARD? It's confusing the mess out of me, i'll have to get a guide.

If any TalkBassers are ever in hel.... I mean, Shreveport LA, your welcome over to my place anytime! Unless of course, I hate you...

But thats a slim chance!

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    nice to have you back.

Are you marrying the same girl you were with about a year ago? The one you sent pictures of?
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

oh wait....

I love you casey. *bear hug*
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  5. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I lost many battles on FF Tactics. It's pretty freakin hard. I feel your pain Polly.

Forever BSM.
  6. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    I only play games that I can win. Like original Nintendo games, so I can feel good about myself. :D
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    :rolleyes: Pfftt... Atari 2600 is where it's at!

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I just beat Final Fantasy Tactics: advance the other day :D

Tactics is tough if you don't pay attention to skills and inventory, I'll give you the run down on it sometime on AIM.

umm, but it's monkey ball time for now.

9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    you dawwwgg..
  10. FFT is my all-time favorite game. Beat it many times, it never gets old for me.
  11. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    FFT, right on.

Last time I played FFT, I was trying to get a couple characters to master all the jobs.

And yeah, FFT is a bit harder than Advanced. But once you get TG Cid, it's a breeze.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The story line to FFT is amazing too. So much depth, it's like reading a really good book, or watching a really epic movie. Not to mention the messages and implications of what a lot of the characters talk about. And the translation is great to boot!

Tactics: advance was very fun too though, less dark and adult, but it had a lot of good additions to the gameplay, and the storyline was fairly sophisticated, though the premise was silly.

I really hope that Square continues the tactics franchise. I envision(hope for) a massive PS2 or PS3 release, enormous maps, multiple armies battling at once, 2x more jobs, storyline with twists and turns and backstabbing and all that good stuff.

Actually, Final Fantasy 12 is being made by the same crew as tactics(with some members from the Final Fantasy 9 crew) On top of that 12 is set in Ivalice, and it has a lot of tie ins with Tactics:advance, that is, it's the same world, with the same races, climates...just a different time period.

Also, a little easter egg. The Tactics: advance Ivalice is almost identical to the Tactics Ivalice, only the world map for T:A has been turned 90º

Yeah, great games, I never get tired of them.

My friend got everything in the first tactics, like...everything, all the secret characters, weapons, missions. But he never beat it :D he's currently playing Tactics: advance, He could easily beat the game now with his team, but he's plowing through to finish as many missions as he can.
  13. Robot, as of right now, due to FFT's poor initial sales way back in '98, they have no plans to continue with it. However, with the rise of FF "sequal" games, we have a bit of hope for a sequal to an excellent game.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    They already did continue it, with tactics advance.

it's interesting because tactics is like the cult classic FF game, it never really sold too well, but it's usually FF fan's favorite(or top 5)
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Polly is getting married. He will get fat. And watch game shows. And his wife... will... uh... i dunno.
  16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Waitaminute. Married? I thought you were like 13. (Although that doesn't matter in Louisiana, right?)
  17. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    one word: