1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

eeny meeny miny moe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdogg, Oct 30, 2006.

1. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    my current bass is a warwick corvette standard 5. im starting a new band and i want to go in a new direction with my tone and my playing style. i am thinking four string with dual humbuckers. something that i can get a really aggressive sound out of but still has soul. my main contenders are the new ernie ball musicman dual humbucker, a Wal machII or machIII (not sure wich would be better) or a warmoth custom. any input from people that have any of these basses would be greatly apreciated

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Before I finished reading the first three sentences, I thought to myself "He needs a dual humbucker StingRay."

Graeme

3. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    hopefully ill get a chance to try the new stingrays soon. i owned a stingray fretless before and i am kicking myself for selling it.

4. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i know exactly what bass you need, a 4 string warwick corvette. ;)

5. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    im all set for warwicks. i really wanna add something different to my arsenal

6. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    those are all great basses but good luck on getting ahold of the wal's. They're great basses (my favorite) but are very hard to get ahold of and are getting really pricey now. If i remember right a mach II was going for about 6000 on ebay a little while ago.

7. Sound like you need to try a G&L L2000.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    By the way, if you end up not liking the HH StingRay, try out a single humbucker Sterling. With the coil switch you can get tonnes of variation. I'm a fan of the single H Music Mans myself.

Graeme