1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effect chain suggestions for Bass & Synth rig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Synthsandjunk, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Synthsandjunk

Synthsandjunk

Oct 2, 2013
    Hello,

I recently got a new a setup and was hoping for suggestions.
    I'm open to new ideas, perhaps there was an order I was ruling out or over thinking. On Sunday I'm auditioning to be in a Dream Pop band (if that helps)
    I play a Gibson EB-0 through a Fender Rumble 350.
    My Mackie mixer is plugged into my RCA jacks which I run my two Roland SP-404s, Elektron Machinedrum and Nord Lead through.
    In main input I have an AB/Y switch where I've connected my bass and Dave Smith Mopho.
    Here are the pedals I have that I'm putting on my PedalTrain into the Y jack to effect both:
    Behringer SM200 Slow Motion (auto swell)
    Boss RC-20XL (looper)
    Boss SL-20 (slicer)
    Digitech Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb
    Earthquaker Devices Organizer (Church organ)
    Fender Tuner
    Moog Lowpass Filter
    Moog Ring Modulator
    ProCo Turbo Rat
    Strymon Timeline (delay)

Thank you

2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Everything is subjective, but here is how it is recommended.

Bass > Compression - Wah (This includes phasers) - Distortion - Modulation (chorus and such) - Time - Volume > Amp

Any order works and will effect your sound, just take note that time goes before volume unless you want some weird effects. Tuner can go wherever you prefer if it is in the chain and not through a tuner out. Also put effects pedals in the signal chain and rack mount gear in the FX loop.