Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effect device that tunes and carries distortion ?HELP

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by martyr of obscu, Feb 13, 2006.

1. martyr of obscu

martyr of obscu

Aug 31, 2005
    I need an effect device that has good distorion and/or overdrive and also has an onboard tuner which would allow me to change tunning in between songs at a live show??
    Help!

2. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Roland V-Bass, Line6 Variax. That is pretty much the list if you want to change tunings without retuning the actual bass. you could also drive a MIDI rig but I think that the other two choices are better sounding and track better.

3. what do you mean by changing the tuning? like a pitchshifter type effect? or just a tuner so you can retune your bass yourself?

4. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Yeah, I might have misread the post.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I'm pretty sure most multi-fx have both of those things, and a lot more. Personally can't recomend one, as I use individual FX.

My question is: why not get a tuner and a dist separatly. Especially if that's all you need/want...

You can look in the Distortion MegaThread for some good reviews....

6. martyr of obscu

martyr of obscu

Aug 31, 2005
    Tune it myself......no pitchshifter. Multi-effects work but they are sort of annoying.

7. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    I am almost positive that there isn't any distortion pedal with a built in tuner, so you would have to get them separately, which isn't really any more of an extra hassle. Plus if there was one, what are the odds of it actually having the distortion you want, as distortion is easily the most personal effect (sound preference wise), as well as probably the hardest to find the one you like.