effect loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lyle, Apr 17, 2004.

1. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    you know the thing on your amp that does stuff. well i have a yorkville bass master xm200t and i have no idea how to get it to work, let alone no what it does. im guessing it has something to do with effects. so help pls :help:
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I cant say i do, theres lots of things on my amp that does stuff. And if your amp isnt working, i doubt it would be a problem with the effects loop, because thats wired in series to the rest of the signal path.

What exactly is your amp not doing?
  3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    should have re read that, hehe. but nothings wrong its just i have no idea what it does. effect loop, has the send and return jacks on it. :help: im confused
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    The FX loop is used to insert an effect in between the preamp and power amp section of your amp. Try this:

Hook up your effects send to the input of a delay pedal (time based effects like delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, etc. go best in the loop), then hook the output of the delay into the effects return on the amp. Play notes. Be amazed.
  5. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i just plug my effects into the active input on my bmax since i dont have enough cables. would it really make much of a difference?