Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effect on Jaco's "River People"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Da_Niet, May 5, 2003.

1. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    Does anyone know for sure what he used on his song, "River People", on Weather Report's 'Mr. Gone' LP? It sounds almost synthesizer-ish, so dunno if that's just Zawinul doubling the bass or not.

2. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I don't think Jaco used synth...:meh:

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think you can hear quite clearly that it is Joe Zawinul doubling the part on snyth - he seems to have liked doing this, but I think it annoyed Jaco - if the stories are to be believed!! ;)

By the way - the live verson on the new WR "Live and Unreleased Double CD is fantastic - great improvising from Jaco at the end!! :) (No effects)

4. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    quote:
    By the way - the live verson on the new WR "Live and Unreleased Double CD is fantastic - great improvising from Jaco at the end!! (No effects)

Hmmm. I think I'd better pick that Live and Unreleased CD very very soon.:bassist:

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I don't geddit. You warm up by playing a chops buster? Isn't that sorta asking for an injury? :confused: