1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effect on Jaco's "River People"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Da_Niet, May 5, 2003.

1. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    Does anyone know for sure what he used on his song, "River People", on Weather Report's 'Mr. Gone' LP? It sounds almost synthesizer-ish, so dunno if that's just Zawinul doubling the bass or not.

2. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I don't think Jaco used synth...:meh:

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think you can hear quite clearly that it is Joe Zawinul doubling the part on snyth - he seems to have liked doing this, but I think it annoyed Jaco - if the stories are to be believed!! ;)

By the way - the live verson on the new WR "Live and Unreleased Double CD is fantastic - great improvising from Jaco at the end!! :) (No effects)

4. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    quote:
    By the way - the live verson on the new WR "Live and Unreleased Double CD is fantastic - great improvising from Jaco at the end!! (No effects)

Hmmm. I think I'd better pick that Live and Unreleased CD very very soon.:bassist:

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I don't geddit. You warm up by playing a chops buster? Isn't that sorta asking for an injury? :confused: