1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effect On Light Not Working With Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Smallmouth_Bass, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    So, this evening I was setting up a new pedalboard with an isolated power supply, and one of the pedals' on light does not work when hooked up to the power supply. The effect itself does work though. If I use it with the battery, the light works.

The effect is a Boss Bass Chorus CE-2B (10mA).
    The power supply is a TrueTone 1Spot Pro CS6, the minimum current listed on any of the 6 outputs is 100 mA (and up to 500 mA).

Do any of you know why this would be and how I can get it to work with the power supply?

2. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Anyone? :help:

3. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    The older boss pedals worked with the boss specific 12v ACA adapter. If you daisy chain it with 9v it will work, or if you use a battery it should pop right on. Your CS6 is isolated which is why the LED is not working. If you got a double daisy chain cable to power two low 9v pedals from one outlet, including the boss, it should come right on.

Problem with my Boss chorus pedal

4. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Thanks! Two of the outputs on the CS6 are switchable to 12V and that did the trick!

DannDubblewe likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021