Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effect Pedal Cables: Need Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jb64, Sep 21, 2005.

1. jb64

jb64

May 4, 2003
    Connecticut, USA!
    Endorsing Artist: Carvin Guitars, Bass Amps & Pro Audio
    I'm finally putting my pedal board together and need good connecting cables to hook them up.

Thanks,

Carl

2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    get a Gerorge L's kit. Make your own solderless cables, sound great, and custom length. Can't beat it.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Carl Carter!!!! Damn, you're one bad mutha #$%^&*. Good to see you here. Carl, check out George L's cables. They're the standard cable for using in pedalboards.

Oh, and put some soundclips on up at your site! I want to hear your own stuff. :bassist:

4. jb64

jb64

May 4, 2003
    Connecticut, USA!
    WOW!!! What's going on man?Thanks for the kind words! I'll get those mp3's in the site soon!

I was wondering though, does the low end get lost at all wth the George L's?

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've been actually looking into this myself since I'm putting together a pedal board as well. First off, it looks as if George L's makes a thicker cable that should take care of that. I'm still looking into this though. Also, check out this website:

http://www.pedalboards.com/

Scroll down and you'll see the True Bypass Strip. You just plug your pedals into this, turn them on and then press the button for whatever pedal you want to use. This way not only are all of your pedals true bypass but you'll also be eliminating any extra cords by swithing them out of the loop when you're not using an effect. I read about Justin Meldal-Johnson using them and it makes sense.

6. anyonefortennis

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
  7. anyonefortennis

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    You can get any kind of bypass strip from www.loooper.com as well.

8. jb64

jb64

May 4, 2003
    Connecticut, USA!
    Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for the info!

All the best,

Carl