1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effect Pedals Ever ?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Means2nEnd, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

As Warwick is all things bass I have been having dreams of Jonas Hellborg inspired/designed effect pedals. I would love to see some high end studio grade quality pedals. In the same vein design concept as the Hellborg amps and preamps with no compromise in the housing or the components. Like compression, overdrive/distortion, envelope filter, synth, octave, preamp EQ D.I. etc… (to get started)

Has this ever been discussed or acknowledged as an opportunity for Warwick? I even dreamed of them with a little blue LED lit up little “W” (like my Tubepath)on them and of course in black and yellow lettering. Come on Warwick official spill the beans…I need them!:D

2. Hmmmmm...The look would be similar to MarkBass, and there would be the same essential target market. This is probably why we have not seen 'wick pedals, to date. I'd be intrigued, however, especially if Warwick made their pedals for 9v power. MarkBass pedals are 12v, and not necessarily compatible with a lot of North American boards, like mine, which are 9/18v-oriented. Time and time again, it has been demonstrated that the North American music market should not be ignored (it's where a lot of famous Brit/Euro bands went, to get big), so the challenge is hereby issued to Warwick.

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Great ideas guys! I will be heading over to Germany in 3 weeks, and will certainly present any and all ideas to the design team, as well as Jonas personally. We love to hear what you want...and all feedback is welcome! Thanks!

4. That's encouraging. One thing that MarkBass has yet to make would be a multi-effect. If Warwick could innovate something to compete with the Zoom B3, it would be a major game-changer.

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Means2nEnd - I talked with Jonas about this, and although there are no definitive plans - he certainly has some ideas and concepts that he's been considering. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds! Thanks!

6. Complicating matters is the fact that Warwick Distribution appears to be handling DigiTech, in the USA, as far as I can tell. There might be something in the legalese that could be an inhibitor.

7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    plankspanker13,

Warwick Distribution is the European distributor for Digitech, Morley, Graphtech, Seymour Duncan, Visual Sound, Source Audio, Dunlop, MXR, Pedaltrain and others. Please let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!

8. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Warwick Big Muff type maybe?

9. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    I'm not sure if Jonas ever even used pedals. I do know that he used a chorus effect for about a year when he was playing his bastardized Crafter bass, but that's about it. You can hear some backward effects on his recording "Kali's Son", but that may have been either a studio trick or the infamous "Green" Line 6 unit - which is famous for adding noise and having shoddy footswitches...

Anybody seen Jonas using effects? Seems he'd at least use compression.

10. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I have dreams of being able to find Warwick basses in stores.

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

11. Bassnoise

Bassnoise

Jul 24, 2013
    If be In if Warwick made them personally not a fan of mark bass anyway but Warwick is my main stAy