Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effect question(s)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zacl, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Hey everyone,

I have a few effect related questions.

I have a few effects, Distorsion, Delay, Chorus, Wah, and a bass synth....

I want to be able to have different settings of the same effect, without having to bend down in the middle of a set and physically change the settings on my effects.

So, the way I see it, I only have 2 options : 1) Go with rack effects or 2) Go with Multi-effects.

I can't afford rack effects at the time (As much as I want to get them) So I guess I have to go with Multi-effects.

So, I've heard good things about the Boss GT-6B, what's your opinion? Or the Digitech BP8?

My second question is about the effects loop on my amp. How would I go about using it correctly?

Thanks for any help you guys.

Zac

2. You don't necessarily need a multi effects board. Just buy another one of the pedal you want. So each one will have different settings. Currently the effects boards out there aren't looking too good. The Roland V-bass should change that, but that's also out of your price range.

As for the effects loop, you would run a patch cable from the effects send to the input of your first pedal in the chain, the the output of your last pedal to the effects return. But mind you, most pedals don't sound that good through the effects loop. So you may just want to run them through the main signal input.

3. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    This may sound crazy, but wouldn't another option be to use two of the same effect(s)? You plug the send from your amp into the input of your pedals, and the output from your pedals into the return on your amp. How do you like them apples?

4. That's exactly what i said.

5. But buying the same pedal again sucks, especially if theyre nice ones *$$$*

You may just have to bend down and change the settings, try it inbetween songs, it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

6. Stay away from the multieffects...

7. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Sorry Mrfortunecookie, your post wasn't on the board when I was writing my reply...I guess we are synchronistically connected! I was just thinking about fuzzy kittens in a basket...were you? Freaky, dude...

8. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Sorry about the mixup mrfortunecookie. Your post wasn't up while I was writing my reply...I guess we are just synchronistically related! I was just thinking of fuzzy kittens in a blue basket...were you? Freaky, dude...

9. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Now I have a feeling this has all happened before...weird.