1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effect recomendation, come share your exp! :)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by matius88, Mar 27, 2013.

1. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    Well i have a band, we are from argentina, and our type of music is a mix of some genres, rock pop (beatles all the way, something like the police sometimes,queen, sometimes something progressive like genesis, floyd)

im really new to the bass effects, i was searching for the Boss me-50b, but in argentina they are sold out and they are not going to be on sale for a long time (our politics suck so much).

i was thinking to myself what kind of pedals a "standard" stompbox pedalboard has, for making this kind of music and see if i can afford to buy it so i can have a basic pedalboard to start with.

so if someone of you love to play this type of music and have a pedalboard please share it (if you have the photo its better!) i dont care if its expensive!.

other thing i want to know, here in argentina we have a pedal that works like a compressor, do you think the compressor is a must have for a bassit?

thanks for all!

2. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    dont be shy, i cant be the only one who likes this music hahah

3. GuzBaas

GuzBaas

Oct 10, 2008
    London
    What you are asking pretty difficult to answer.
    The usual effects for that kind music _in my opinion_ are: overdrive, compressor and MAYBE Reverb.

Of course there are dozens of brands... so start looking.

Good Luck.