Effect routes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brandonwhite, May 1, 2002.

1. brandonwhite

Jan 2, 2002
    Hey, I use a Boss TU-2 Tuner, a Dunlop Cry Baby Bass Wah, an Ibanez chorus/flanger, and a Electro-Harmonix Bass Ball pedals. I was wondering how you guys would set them up. Like, in what order. I normally set up with my bass going into my tuner, then wah, chorus/flanger, then to the EH Bass Ball. I don't know why I do it that way, it's just how i've always done it. But I was wondering if you guys had any input on how to run it. I also run it through an effects loop on my amp. If that has anything to do with anything.
  2. try other options...it might sound better..but I would put the bassballs first (right after the tuner or put the tuner last) because the bassballs is a dynamic filter and it is triggered by your playing dynamics(how hard or soft you play)so feeding it the pure signal from your bass might be best for that paticular effect..as far as the chorus and cry baby go, try'em in a different order and see if YOU like it that way...if not you can always put them back the way it was..