1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effective Date of Fender's Correction of the Marcus Miller 4 Preamp?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AndyMan, Apr 3, 2009.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    Anyone know when the preamp was fixed to stop battery drain, etc?

Thanks!!!

2. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    anyone?

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    It wasn't only the preamp draining the battery but the bass in passive mode running through a flat preamp meaning no true bypass!. Bartolini has a wiring fix for this that can be found on Harmony Central. I never was aware that Fender indeed did correct this entire problem. I have noticed no one complains anymore about this problem which was originally noticed around the year 2000. I have done the modification to my bass with excellent results! As a matter of fact my battery has just been changed recently with the old one being there for four or five years! I play this bass very seldom and gig with it maybe once a year.

4. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    This thread interests me. I have a MM5 that mows through batteries. Basically I have to change them about once every month or so, which seems excessive. I love this bass but this issue is definitely annoying. I'll be subscribing.

Bones

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Are you leaving the bass plugged in? Are you flipping the toggle switch to passive when your done? If you are doing both these things and you are still draining batteries than you need the wiring modification.