1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effective holder for the Line 6 G50 / 55 / 90 transmitter?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by CarmineCarnage, Oct 25, 2013.

1. CarmineCarnage

CarmineCarnage

Feb 5, 2012
    I used to use a little leather transmitter case I special ordered at Sam Ash for my old transmitter... but since I upgraded to the Line 6 G90, the transmitter is thinner, and I worry that my case can't grip it tightly enough.

Can anyone suggest another case I could buy to keep the transmitter on my strap? Preferably more than "try a beeper/mp3 player/phone holder"

Also, my apologies if the g50 or 55 does not use the same transmitter as the 90... but I think it's only the g30 that uses a.different model

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yeah, they're the same beltpack.

a strip of gaff tape works perfectly for me; clip the beltpack to the strap, run the tape around the back so that maybe an inch or so hits the beltpack on each side. (split and peel back the one side so that the battery door is still uncovered.)

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I bought that Neotech pouch after close to 30 years of taping wirelesses to my strap, and I will never tape again.

5. CarmineCarnage

CarmineCarnage

Feb 5, 2012
    The small or medium?

6. BassGuyFL

BassGuyFL Formerly known as RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    +100 on the pouch it's amazing how much easier a $12 item can make your life.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Medium.

8. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    I use the metal clip inserted through the last slot in a Levi strap & use the Shure angle cable. No holder needed.

9. CarmineCarnage

CarmineCarnage

Feb 5, 2012
    I use a DiMarzio clip lock strap and move around a lot, so I need the extra protection

10. claudel

claudel Supporting Member