Effector 13 Fuzzes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 6, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    That Krackle Fuzz sounds interesting.They have bass clips @ Pedal Geek.

It's nastier than kissing a girl after her bukkake but the note definition is clear. Me likey :)

The Torn's Peaker sounds like my American Woman.

Does anybody have actual ownership experience with these pedals? SeanM, don't you have one of these things?

2. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yup, I have the Torn's Peaker. Very extreme sound. I run it through a BDDI to get the over the top distortion on "My My Hey Hey (Into the Blue)" by Neil Young.

If I remember rightly, the clips on the website are correct. Most fuzzes, even extreme ones, have a steady fuzz. The tone flucuates alot. It really is like you are running through an amp and speakers that where pushed to 11 *way* too many times :)

I use a P bass with QPs. Rolling off the bass volume helps "clean up" the tone, although clean up is a very relative term. And I really prefer it with the SansAmp. It is a tad "thin" sounding to my ears by itself.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Thanks for the clip Sean. Wow, you do get that extreme fuzz from Young's Weld album with the TP :bassist: . The ones on Pedal Geek were pretty mild by comparison.

I don't have a fuzz. I think the Krackle will fill the bill. :hyper:
  4. I have a Sacred Fuzz, which has the Krackle fuzz circuit in it...I've never tried it with bass though. I'll give it a shot after work and let you know how it sounds.

I know that with guitar it's a really brite, nasty fuzz....sorta like your playing through an old AM radio with a 2" speaker driven to the point of near exploding, except way louder.

I wonder how it'll sound with a bass though?