1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects Cables?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sammy Camden, Nov 10, 2006.

1. playibanez

playibanez

Apr 3, 2006
    U.S.
    yea that is very true

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    After some issues with my mix of misc. junk, I decided to get serious about my cables and currently have a shipment from www.bayoucables.com on the way to me.

3. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Yep, Bayou Cables are really excellent quality. Very reasonably priced, too. And Butch, the owner & sole employee, is great to work with. You can not go wrong.

4. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Well in regards to the cable coming "undone", I think this refers more to the George L's as I have been using the Planet Waves Cable Station for about 6 months and have NEVER had to re-tighten the screws in any of the 5 cables I have made.... Keep in mind this is doing a 2 practices a week almost religously and without a pedalboard....

Planet Waves kicks ass IMHO...

5. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    What about Monsters? Did somebody already suggest that? I like the fact that I can return them whenever they crap out. I've only ever returned 2. Both were replaced no questions asked.

6. Another vote for George L.

I prefer the right-angle ones. Compact, easily reconfigured.

I've found that it pays to refresh the connections every now and then.

For some reason my local shops are perpetually out of right-angle plugs, but have 300 straight ones in stock at all times. :eyebrow:

7. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

monster, livewire, planet waves, and mogami all have the same lifetime warranty. if they crap out, bring them back to where you got them, and you'll get new ones. i don't think that includes the planet waves cable kit, though. that's something to look into.

8. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1 For George L's and Monster. I've used both without any problems.

The George L's are better space savers which is why I decided to go with them. If the Monster cables didn't take up as much room as they did, I would've stayed with them.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021