effects & effects loops

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rekesbass, Oct 19, 2002.

1. I have a quick question for you all here at TB. I was just wondering if using a device such as the Ebtech line level shifter would work for running "stomp box" fx thru the fx loop?...(it's that +4\-10 thing!)I ask this because I would like to run my bass directly to my amp and be able to use my footswitch to turn on the blendable f\x loop on my M-pulse 600(using it the way was intended to be used...what a good idea:)..Like everyone here I hate the way my fx eat my tone when not in use,and was wondering if this is a pipe dream or possibly a solution to a frustrating problem..thanks.
  2. should I have asked this in the amps fourm????
  3. Keep Stompbox's in Stompbox Land.

Try a Boss LS-2 Line Switcher if you want to mix a wet effects signal with a straight dry signal.

Dual gain pots instead of just mixing.

Keep it simple.

Set to A/B Mix mode and run your effects thru either A or B Loop.
    The empty loop automatically has the dry signal present.

Great for multiple effects in the loop because you can cut them all to a straight signal with one stomp.

Check it out and give one a test drive.
  4. The LS2 is not true bypass though. How noticeable is the sound coloration? I'm considering this box myself but am apprehensive for this reason.
  5. Based on the HC reviews I would say that there is allot of colouration? Many complain about that...
    If you want to rack your FX go the DMC GCX route. I did that for a while and it worked very well?
  6. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Not so here? I find if you have high gain effects running in the loops, there is a bit of bleed, otherwise it has bypass as good as or better than all boss pedals... which isn't great, but is good enough for live.

In summary, I'd not use mine to record, but live you'll never tell...
  7. I thought you were more interested in the function.

Certainly you weren't interested in the Ebtech line level shifter bypass capabilities?

If Boss FET bypasses suck so bad then the Pro's won't be using any Boss pedals.
  8. Umm..Pro's will use what is most readily available and hence field replaceable, NOT what is the best quality. Why do you think you see so much Eden gear on stages? ;) Boss' FET bypass isn't great...not terrible but bad enough for me to pass on them.
  9. thanks for replying everyone....Mad Sub,what exatly is DMC GCX ?? is it some kinda high dollar switching system??.I thought about the LS2 or maybe the NS?(noise suppresor)because of the loop there would only be one pedal in the chain when the fx are off but I'm still kinda worried about the tone loss and volume drop..I must say I'm more intrested in the line slector more so than the noise suppressor but I was lookin for another way ....BTW no one really answered my question about the ebtech thing??????
  10. woah!!!! whats that cost???and does it go in the loop or in the front of the amp? and how many cords do I need?...I'm kinda scared..looks complicated
  11. fingerfunk

Aug 17, 2002
    check pedalboard.com, they offer a really good line selector, with either 1 or 2 channels. I've been thinking about the boss ls2 for a long time but im going to get this one, thanks jim.
  12. thanks fingerfunk !!!! I forgot about pedalboards.com...I'm there!!!