1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effects FAQ for Commercial Users and Application of the Commercial User Policy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Effects FAQ for Commercial Users and Application of the commercial User Policy (CUP):

Does the CUP apply to me?
    If you are creating, selling, or marketing effects or effects related products. Yes, the CUP applies to you.

...even if it's not a primary means of income?
    Yes

Really?
    Yes

but I'm just a hobbyist, not really a company or anything.
    If you are creating, selling, or marketing effects or effects related products then for the purposes of this discussion you are considered a commercial user.

Can I start a tour box?
    No.

Can I have a buddy start a tour box for me?
    No.

What specifically can't I do? The full text of the CUP :
    • Create new threads about Product/Services
    • Post material referencing Product/Services in general question threads, such as "What is a the best fuzz pedal?"
    • Post material referencing Product/Services in general "what's new at..." threads
    • Comment on the products/services/character of competition (unless it is praise or recommendation). Doing so presents conflict-of-interest issues.
    • Post "generic" conversational non-answer posts regarding Product/Services that: praise Product; expand on Product features; are a self 'pat on the back'; are deemed to be part of a pattern of thread-bumping; otherwise contribute additional unsolicited Product information.
    • Post unsolicited photos of Product in the public forums, or submit promotional material (such as, but not limited to, press release text or promotional flyers) in the public forums (email PR to pr@talkbass.com)
    • Post pricing information and other sales dialogue (must be confined to private conversations with TB users (PM or email)).

Why did you close the thread started by X that I basically hijacked to use as a marketing thread for my goods and services?
    Really? You need to ask?

How come 'so-and-so' got to do this thing that I want to do now but can't?
    We missed it
    The rules have changed.

How can I get my message out using Talkbass?
    If you are interested in advertising on TalkBass.com through graphical ads, opening a dedicated Sponsored Forum for your company, or would like more info, please contact advertising@talkbass.com .

I just want to try and sell my small run of X...
    Consider a ' Commercial Sales License' which gives builders and merchants the ability to create and manage sponsored threads in the Bazaar forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.