Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effects for a Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 / SWR Workingman 12

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dharma, Oct 30, 2005.

1. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Hey there, TB'ers. A lurker has entered the building.

My "rig" is in its fledgling stages, and as more of a hobbyist than a band member (5p.m. to 2a.m. nightshift job) I tend to play with headphones on. On an unrelated note to my original question, anybody have suggestions for a good set of 'phones for me?

Back to my point.

For what it's worth, I have lurked, searched, and dug around while not working at work for some weeks now, looking for a effects blend that will produce a nice amount of depth in my tone and (maybe) a little overdriven sound. The Sansamp comes to mind, but after talking with my geeky guitarist brother, who pointed out that I have little need for DI, I'm hesitant to get the OD with all the bells and whistles attached if I don't need them.

First stop is a qtron -- a friend let me screw around with his and I couldn't have had more fun unless I was oil-wrestling strippers.

Any suggestions how to add a little more bounce in my sound?

2. why not the sansamp? its not just a DI, its an overdrive as well isn't it? if you like the way it sounds, why not get it? otherwise Sansamp also has the new programmable bass driver, so you could look at that too...

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    SansAmp GT2 will give you lots of tones less the DI.

You can also slash and hack your way through the distortion mega thread on top to get some dirt on other dirt boxes.

4. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Appreciate the replies.