1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects for drum n bass sounding bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Venom of God, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    Does anyone know of any pedals that could give me a drum n bass type sound? I was thinking something with an oscillator and maybe octave pedal but not sure.

That's the sort of tone I'm after, I realise I won't be able to get super close to it with a real instrument but just similar enough to pass!

Thanks.

2. You'd probably be surprised at how close you can get to some of those DnB sounds. In my 'synth rig' I run the following with good results:

Moog low pass filter
    Moog freqbox for the square wave. Also have some other fuzz pedals that I use occasionally.
    Boss OC-2 octave
    EHX micro Synth
    Moog MP-201 - Used to control the CV inputs on the other moogs. The LFOs can be used to get the 'wobble' bass sound. Endless possibilities with this beasty...
    Bugbrand bugcrusher for sample reduction / bitcrush type sounds

There are a few others in the mix as well, but that is the core of it all.

Have a look for some of the 'Dubstep Wobble' or 'Synth Quest' type threads. Should come up with some good info regarding the type of sounds that you're after.

3. ^^ Second video is NUUUUUUTS. I NEED to spend some money on pedals now! My jam is on the floor at the sounds he gets.