Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effects for slapping ana pop-ups?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by patolan, May 9, 2001.

1. patolan

patolan

Dec 12, 2000
    hi:)
    can anyone tell me what kind of effects can i use for slapping & pop-ups? I want more metallic ...and .... uhhh.....
    how can I get a sound like Alan Parson`s song Hawkeye?
    I just can`t belive it`s just bass and amp!
    I want to sound funky! What to do?

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You must really want to know the answer to this! After all, you posted it twice:eek:

Oh...and, though I'm not at all familiar with that song (sorry), envelope filters have been used by some with great success in slapping;)

3. I personally haven't tried many effects very seriously. From my limited experience I've noticed that your sound depends on your amp. Its taken me two years to find the perfect slap tone on my amp. I just stumbled across it one day. I turn the bass right up, the mid down to nothing and the treble up half. It creates a nice fat slap and pop which I love. Just fool around with the controls and you should find what your looking for.

Good Luck.

4. not anymore. its those special powers i have can make it disappear when more than one thread of the same thing appears. (thanks to SuperDuck for pointing it out)

5. patolan

patolan

Dec 12, 2000
    sorry for the double-post, it was a technical mistake
    envelope filters .... what is this..... how can i get them?

6. yo man, dont worry about the double post. mistakes happen. :)