effects for soloing

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_drum, Feb 14, 2005.

1. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey guys im wondering what pedals you guys use or suggest for soloing. I'm looking into doing most types of solos but more concentrated on rock solos.Im looking for solos kinda like guitar ones. I've been concidering an octave pedal (one octave higher not lower) for these solos, but i can only find one, the Akai Unibass, know of any others? Im also open to all other ideas on pedals.

2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If you're playing a bass solo, leave it at that, a bass solo. Use distortion and a wah for rock. Go deeper, not higher.

If you go an octave up, might as well grab one of those funny looking six string piccolo bass thingies.
  3. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    Try a digitech whammy pedal if you want to slide up an octave. You can keep the pedal in toe down to have it act like an octave pedal.
    Big Muff Pi (russian) for distortion. You might want a pedal that allows you to blend the distorted Muff signal with your clean bass signal.
    And Morley or Dunlop wah pedals. Try both of them because everyone has a diff opinion about them.