Effects for SVP-BSP overdrive channel

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Slayer bass, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Hi,

I would like to have some sugestions of effects to put on the effects loop of the SVP-BSP. (chorus, reverb, delay, etc.)
    I have never had a good distortion from this unit, and before selling it I would like to have some opinions on this subject.

Thanks!!! :help:
  2. um...what effects would you like?
    you can put whatever effects you want to in the effects loop

maybe i don't understand your question... :confused:

sorry :(

EDIT: it sounds like you are trying to make the preamp sound useful for something...if you don't like it, sell it. Unless you've got sentimental reasons or something, you aren't getting the sound you want. sell it, and spend the money on something that will give you the sound you want

3. Ok, my question is:
    What kind of effect coul make the overdrive channel on SVP-BSP sounds good.
    I don't like the distortion of this unit, I tried to use a equalizer om the effects loop, and decreasing some highs (5~8Khz) has a good effect.
    I think that using a compressor to reduce some highs could be a good idea.
    And I also would like to know about time based effects (chorus, reverb, delay...), what these effects can do in a overdriven signal?

Thanks! :help:
  4. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Hmmm... I'm not sure that a compressor would reduce the highs, but it would make them sound different.

Remember, "good" is subjective. You're the only one that can decide what sounds good to your ears. :)

If you don't like the overdrive of the BSP at all, maybe you should try a different overdrive pedal. If that's what you mean, I would suggest giving the Fulltone Bass Drive a try.
  5. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I've never tried this personally, but I think a mild chorus might thicken up your overdriven sound a bit. What kind of tone are you going for?
  6. I'm looking for a tone like the distorted bass on a Slayer song:"I wanna be your dog" It's a song written by Iggy Pop I think.
    Somebody knows this song?

7. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    From what I gather, the BSP is best suited as a signal processor running though the FX loop. Also, I generally stay away of combining compression processing and distortion effects on the one channel. Chorus effect is a suitable match with distortion processing.