Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

effects? go on then, do your best

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tresdirnt, Oct 20, 2001.

1. I'm new to effects. Can someone give me a few basic ideas of what some effects do. I know what distortion and overdrive are, but what would I get from a "Chorus Pedal" or a Synthesiser. Thanks.

2. you use a chorus pedal during the chorus of the song. Very similiar to the verse and intro pedals. ;)

3. ignore him.

A chorus pedel is used to give you a watery or shimmery sound. like your playing to basses at once. and a synth pedel is to give you different sound like you can't get with EQ boosts or other effect pedels.

4. Ciaran

Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    Ireland
    What does a Mu-Tron pedal do?

5. I seriously like chorus or flange going into envelope filter it sounds really cool.

6. It's an envelope filter.

7. If your new to effects, just get a Zoom 506 or a Korg AX1-B for around $99 and get an idea about what effects do and how they sound. From there you develop a base to discover a good sounding effect from a bad one.

8. Yep.. i agree... get a Korg AX1B, and play around with it..

then.. decide what effects you like and get dedicated, analogue pedals for it..

i've recently bought a bassballs, which is actually very cool for metal, if you use it with a light tough :)