1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zenthan, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Zenthan

Zenthan

Sep 17, 2008
    Does anyone know of any sort of effects pedal that will give me a sound like slipknot's paul gray?

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    I assume you mean overdrive right? I think his overdriven tone comes from the Peavey tube amps he uses, but a sansamp bass driver will get you close in my opinion.

Cheers.:)

3. It's fairly obvious to me that you haven't even bothered searching the forum for references to slipknot. Why don't you try that first and then come back and have a more informed discussion?

My 2 cents - there's no single pedal that's going to instantly and magically make you and your rig sound like anyone. Furthermore, I question the usefulness of wanting to sound exactly like someone else, regardless of how much you like their sound. Find your own way, mang! It's a million times more satisfying.

4. Zenthan

Zenthan

Sep 17, 2008
    Oh okay. I didn't realize it was his amp. My bad :p

5. Zenthan

Zenthan

Sep 17, 2008
    First of all, i did search but found nothing. Second of all, I did not mean I wanted to sound exactly like Paul, I just wanted to emulate his tone because it appealed to me. And i could always build upon that to find my own unique tone.

6. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Slipknot is probably in the top 2 of my favorite bands of all time... but I've never found Paul Gray's tone particularly notable.