1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effects loop for bass and synth bass live

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jacobfred, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Jacobfred

Jacobfred

Nov 21, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Hey all,

I need help finding an effects loop with dual inputs and dual outputs with a single loop that would function with both instruments. I run a standard 4 string live and a Moog Minitaur, but want to build a pedalboard that works well with both instruments.

At this point both instruments are being fed through a stereo DI for FOH and then to a Boss LS2 to select which instrument goes to the stage amp. The loop needs to be placed before the DI so each instrument gets it's own output that is affected, but everything I've found for an effects loop seems to only have a single input/output, or a dual input that sums to a single output.

Right now my "best" solution would be grabbing a small mixer with an aux send and running it after the DI, but that doesn't get the effects to my amp...

2. neuman

neuman Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO 'burbs
  3. I was surprised that Radial and Lehle don't have anything like this. Lots of "close-but-no-cigar" products, they all seem to have: 2Instr>FX>1DI.

One Control was no better...

Seems there are no 2Instr>FX>2DI out there in pre-fab land.

I'd bug Broughton Audio for a custom build, but I don't think he has time for one-off custom work anymore.

4. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    Maybe? Buffer+ Stereo

Take a look at the manual (attached) as see Mode 7-10. From what you describe I am guessing Mode 7 is what you want.

Attached Files: