1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects loop pedal question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Headless Llama, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Can someone explain why I need a pedal such as this?

nQyTPUE7WES6jX0Y3RMbsw.jpg

I have an effects loop, and I really have no problems with my setup... but, can it be better with one of these? Or is it only for guys that use a bunch of noisy vintage effects?

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    You don't need it. Not if somebody else has to explain what you "need" it for.

3. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    it's also for if you want to have "groups" of pedals. say you have 12 pedals on your board. you could have....

Loop 1 = pedals 1-4
    Loop 2 = pedals 5-8
    Loop 3 = pedals 9-12

then when you click on loop 1 it would turn on ALL of 1-4. etc.

gives you more ways to turn on interesting combination's of effects without doing the Pedal Dance.

4. this is the response I expected.

5. thanks behndy

6. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    *pokes Robertron'o*

c'mon now! it was an honest question. you cute 'Lil Snarker you.

7. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    also, Head to the Les, you're gonna end up with a huge ass board if you go that route. when i was on a PT-Pro i had a 8 input version of that that was a bit "smarter". it let you program in loops of whatever was input into it. an amazing amount of versatility. kinda turns 8 separate pedals into a GOOD multi-efx box.

but dayum. the cabling. the cabbbbbbbbbling.

8. Thanks! I appreciate the real answers to my question. I am always looking for ways to make my setup better. It is nice to hear from people that have purchased similar pedals to share the pros/cons of it.

9. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yah. this......

Pedalboard02_20_2001.gif

.... is what i ended up with when i was using a bypass looper. the black thing in the bottom right is a MusicOmLab EFX II. beast of a bypass looper. and i miss all the stuff, but unless i was on tour and had someone ELSE lugging all my gear then i don't think i want to go back to that size.

lol.... it's just me and my singer/synth player right now. and he has a bad back. so i get to lug everything. with the help of our roadie/friend. don't want more.

10. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Yeahhh it was an honest question I apologize. :bag:
    I just figured since headless already had an effects loop it was more of an "omg why would somebody need something like this" question. :smug::bag:

11. its all good man! :)

12. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    lol. i know you're one of the good'uns, and you're not trying to be a dick. i just never understood when somebody asks a non-trolly question and somebody thinks it's a good idea to post an a-hole answer. what do they get out of that?

now, if you're a dick and you're FUNNY, well.... have at it.

"you gotta think about it like the first time you got laid. You gotta go: "Daddy, are you sure this is right?"

disgusting, great line. best part of that movie. i'm lying. there ARE no bad parts of that movie.

........'cept Ice T.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021