1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects Loop Question?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Kelly Lee

    Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

    Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm wanting to use a DSP with my TE RAH350SMX head. My question is what type of cable to use when hooking it up through the effects loop on the amp, instrument or speaker? Thanks.
  2. brianrost

    brianrost Gold Supporting Member

    Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
  3. DaS HaaS

    DaS HaaS

    Feb 11, 2004
    Sunrise, Florida
    Endorsing Artist - Ampeg, Ernie Ball
    whats the diff between instrument and speaker cable?
  4. Christopher


    Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Speaker cable: unshielded, accepts lost of current.

    Instrument cable: shielded, accepts minimal amounts of current.

    Try a speaker cable with an instrument, and you won't hear much, and it'll sound like crap. Do the reverse and you'll potentially fry the instrument cable.
  5. thejohnkim


    Sep 30, 2003
    instrument cable carries the signal through the wire core, with shielding around it...

    speaker cable has two true wires for positive and ground to carry current..

    i think.
  6. brett_bassman16


    Feb 20, 2004
    Nu Metal is rockin on man!!!!1 :bag:
  7. Kelly Lee

    Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

    Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I thought thats what I should use but wanted a second opinion. Thanks!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.