Effects loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pharmaecopia, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Ive been playing bass for about 6 years now....and I have a peavey combo 115, 210W amp. And it has a effects send and return. And I have a Bass Wah, Envelope Filter, EH Ballsballs, and a Bass chorus. If I run it through the EX loop good I get a better sound with the effect...Basiclly what im asking is how to use the effects loop...hehe

any help is appreicated...
  2. The EFX loop on your amp is at line level, generally rack mount efx and mixers. The efx you listed are all designed to work at instrument level. While they might work the envelope follower and the bass balls would likely be damaged by a line input level.

The efx loop on your combo is handy for several other things. If you are recording or playing live the line out or send is a good place to get signal to the DI so you can get the sound from your preamp to the mixer, or to drive a slave amp. The line in or return is the input that you would use if you get a better preamp or if you want to slave this unit to another amp. .

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY
    The latest Bass Player has a good article on where in your chain to put what kind of effects