1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

effects on extension cabs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BarkerBass, Mar 17, 2008.

1. just an idea that occured to me earlier today about an ashdown combo with extra cab and if anyone places their effects in the line between the top combo and the bottom extra cab. im my mind that would allow you to blend efffects with non efects easily by say placing my OD pedal in the line between the top and bottom i could fuzz the bottom 4x10 while leaving the top 1x15 clean.

is there anything i should know or think about before trying this? not gonna kill me cab is it?:help:

2. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    it wont kill ur cab.... just ur effects =p

3. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    so wait... you want to place an effect pedal between your amp and cab?

if so... i think that would screw up your amp and pedal...

4. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Think about how much your equipment will be worth broken because that would be the outcome. In order to do what you want, you need 2 amps or an amp and an additional power amp.

5. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    ok, tech geeks correct me if im wrong, its cause ur at a different line level =p

6. i knew there would have been something i didnt know, hence the asking cheers guys you have saved my equipment and decreased my ignorance on amps a little. thanks. :)

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Just get a true bypass blender pedal, such as the one by Barge Concepts (VFB-1?). You can then get a clean sound and an effected sound, without destroying your equipment!

8. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Actually, it's because he's running several hundred watts of power through his pedals if he does it that way. There's a reason why it says "speaker out" - that's all it's meant for.

It's an easy way to start an electrical fire if you run it long enough. And it'll make your room smell awful as the PCBs burn. :D

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    lyk, yah d00d

10. This is twice in one week someone's asked this. :atoz:

11. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    At least they've got the sense to ask. Think how many people must've tried it and burnt their houses down!