1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effects order and WTDI - not just another dumb order question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lonnybass, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Just recently started using a WTDI in my loop and was wondering if it should go...

1) at the front of the chain because it has the compressor

or

2) at the back of the chain because of the EQ module and tone circuit

Ideas appreciated!

Lonnybass

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    I'd say it depends on what else is in the loop with it.

3. I'd put it last , mostly because The Eden DI can then be used to go to the house pa, and your stage amp and also because this is basically a pre amp which would be much the same as plugging your effects into the input jack on any eden bass amp.

-- However if you use it first , and you have a couple of differnt amps on stage you can run both a dry and wet signa - something I've done in the past. This is especially useful if you are tracking then you can mix your dry and wet signals to taste after.

4. I'd put it last, but I also favor putting a compressor last to tame env. filter spikes and aggressive fuzz. I agree w/ c2thej, especially if you're using the DI to FOH or a recording board, you want it last to get your effects. Also, that nice EQ can help you shape your FX tones.

Unless you're styling with 2 amps, and then you really have tons of options.