1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

effects order

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nubs, Dec 13, 2006.

1. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    i just picked up an ME 50B and want to add it to my effects, what order should i put these in.......

ME 50B
    danelectro fab chorus
    Sadowsky outboard DI/Preamp
    Digitech Main Squeeze

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    can't hardly believe know one has given me any suggestions yet....

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it's a tough one, since your me50b includes every other effect (or some similar thing) you have listed. so your effect order could be simply: me50b.

what will you be using on the me50b? just overdrives/synths? will you be using the delays? will you be using the compression on the me50b? do you want a straight-ahead, good-sounding bass rig to use in all kinds of settings? do you want to make crazy atmosphericambientnoizerock?

4. TeenZombie01

TeenZombie01

May 14, 2006
    Hmm...

Bass>ME 50B>Chorus>Sadowsky>Squeeze>Amp

That's what I would do.

5. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I own the ME-50B as well, and it has a pretty good compressor/sustainer itself. the guy above me has the right plan I

it depends on what you want to do with it really. i think the guy above me has the right idea, the only thing you might want to change is the compressor position. For that you gotta think about what you want for the sound. If you want the sound stabolized before adding any other effects, then you should put it first, that way if you want the distortion to make you sound louder or anything similar you can. if you want an easy way to make all your effects produce the same decibal level, then put it at the end.

if you just think about that, you can figure it out yourself