1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effects Pedal advice

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steve2, Apr 5, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Hello Everyone
    I am wanting to get a couple of effects pedals. Right now I play Contempory Christian and Praise and Worship. So nothing that I have to have a lot of distorition. I play a 4 string Fender Jazz with a Fender bassman 200. I also just got a BBE BEMAX. One pedal I was thinking about getting is a Boss Chorus and other suggestions with that type of music.

Thanks

Steve

2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Don't play your type of music (I'm not being rude, just factual), but I can tell you that the Boss CEB-3 (Bass Chorus) is an excelent pedal to thicken up and add some "punch" to your sound. I set the E.Level, Filter, and Depth knobs to 3 o'clock, and the Rate to 9 o'clock to do that without mudding things up.

3. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    Thanks thats cool. I consider our music kind of just a little softer than 3 doors down. Of course the Lyrics is different

4. I've played a little worship music in the past and currently play in an alternative band, but i use an ibanez cf7 and love it. It's sturdy and you get both a chorus and a flanger in one pedal. the wacko setting i never really use but other than that it's extremely useful IMO

5. i would say that a chorus would be cool...maybe a reverb...thats all i can think of right now :)

6. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I don't use any effects at church. DI to the FOH and Monitors. I have yet to come upon a tune that needed anything.

7. Newget

Newget

Mar 10, 2006
    I think it goes without saying that the perfect pedal for you would be,
    the holiest grail by Electro Harmonix.

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    I love 3DD! :cool:

I've tried verb (RV-5), but the lows always tend to muddy up :( + verb doesn't really effect the mids in a good way IMHO....