Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

effects pedal help please?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Hi gang, I have a question before I buy a few other pedals.

1). Can I buy and hook up the bp100 to the bp50?
    2). Can I use 2 passive foot switch pedals along with the bp50 & the bp100 at the same time?
    3). if this is true for all above, all I need is the cash & the bp100 and 2 more bass cords rights, and then the 2 extra foot pedals to make the wah wah work correct?

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Hey Derek. Your proposed set up approaches the price of a stand alone wah pedal. I suggest that you look into that and compare/contrast.

3. Any other suggestioons Sycip?

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I am confused as to what you are trying to do. If you want to use the wah in the BP50 you can just buy an expression pedal for it right? That's like $40 or so?

Is there something I am missing here?

5. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    +1 on syci's confusion.

Why not buy the BP-200 with the built in expression pedal?

And by "passive foot pedals" do you mean like a switch to control the BP50 and BP100? Or do you mean additional effects pedals?

Btw, my experience with the RP200 is that Digi don't play well with others...

6. ok this is what I want to do, I want to hook up the bp50 & the bp100 tot he same amp, & then use the pedal I see on my bp50's box to control the like thw wa effect, because right now I got like straight wah and, it sounds ok.

7. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    Do you have the BP100 yet? I think they discontinued that model. If not, just buy the BP200, and enjoy its built-in expression pedal. Then if you still want to use the BP50, feel free. If you DO already have the BP100, you CAN pick up the expression pedal for the 50, but I'd still suggest selling one or both of them for the 200. No sense in complicating your rig more than it has to be, right?

Just know that these Digis pump out a HOT signal. Like I said before, I've not had a lot of success running anything else with the RP200 I messed around with.

8. Thanks for the tip DK, Yeah I may just go and buy the bp200 along with the podtx and my first mixer board.