Effects Phish's Mike Gordon uses

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ace123, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Hey all. I'm just wondering what kind of effects Gordon uses? Mostly i'm talking about this one type of sound i keep hearing on a bunch of songs. For example, on Weekapaug groove, is that just the sound of gordons bass when he slaps it or is that an effect he's using? That same sound can also be heard on live versions of AC/DC Bag. He uses it in a couple of other songs also. Anyone know if this is a certain effect or if its just his bass?

Also, how does he get that sound on the beginning of Down with disease? Is that an effect or is that becuase he's picking it?

Just wondering becuase i think the sound he makes on those songs are awesome. Let me know, thanks.
  2. Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I know on Weekapaug groove he uses flange... dont know the brand, just know its flange
  3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Yep -definitely a flange on Weekapaug. I think he mainly uses chorus and flange for his effects. Probably some envelope as well.
  4. Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    allright cool. Thanks for letting me know what that sound was. By the way, i was actually thinking about getting a flanger soon so can you reccomend a really nice one, but not too expensive? Thanks for everything.