Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

effects problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stupid4252, Mar 24, 2005.

1. stupid4252

stupid4252

Apr 13, 2004
    im not sure if anyone would know this, but im playing a jim dunlop jimi hendrix with my bass, but it cuts out sometimes, it dies, and just dies, im gonna charge the battery but i was told that it does it anyways, so would anyone know what the problem could be?

2. Sounds like a loose battery lead. It shouldn't just 'die'. The problem is that sometimes when you open the battery compartment, the battery just flops out and dangles from the wires. Over time the stress can take its toll.

Other things to think about: if you leave a cord plugged into the input of the pedal, you're always sucking battery power. Be sure to unplug your cord when you're done playing. Also, sometimes NiCad (rechargeable) batteries don't work so hot in pedals. Change it out for an alkaline and see if the problem is still there. Last, find yourself a 9V DC adaptor (200mA minimum) and use that in lieu of the battery. If your pedal stops cutting out on adaptor, then you've isolated the problem to the battery.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Mo'Phat pretty much got it. Owned maybe a dozen Dunlop wahs, had the problem once with the battery leads.

4. definitely...the 1st 2 dunlop wahs i bought had that problem, but 3rd time was a charm...despite the frustration i went thru with them, theyre still my wah of choice...either get it fixed or exchange it for a new 1