Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

effects processor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by macool, Mar 24, 2001.

1. well i am in a rock band and want to use effects. i already have a distortion pedal and an electro harmonix bassballs pedal. do you guys think i should invest in a processor and if so what kindis the best.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The SansAmp Bass Driver and BBE Sonic Maximzers are excellent processors, (I would have said that even before I bought them). They aren't effects. Those take your bass sound and enhance it. You can read about them at the SansAmp and the BBE sites. Better yet, get to a music store and try them out if you have good stores where you live.

3. thanx rickbass1. do you know of any multi effects processors that are good. if so what kind of price range am i looking at.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

macool - Another bassist in my area loans me his Digitech BP8 Paradigm for my rave gigs, since he has a day job and only plays a couple times a month, (I loan some things to him to return the favor). It is a floor unit.

Many of its effects are excellent, (could even be used in the studio). It doesn't have the problem of a lot of units, which turn your bass into a thin sounding tenor when you use distortion, chorus, reverbs, and other effects that are notorious for doing that on cheaper units.

I've seen it listed at around $375 but he got his cheaper because it had been used as a demo.

The preamp section uses a tube so the sound isn't sterile. Last time I used it, the sounds I got were so whack I think they had to send some kids to the psycho ward. ;)